Lemon Curd Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ground pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Divide dough in half; shape into logs. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3. On a floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. fluted round cookie cutter. With a floured 1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half of the cookies. (Reroll small cutouts if desired.)
- 4. Place solid and cutout cookies 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 5. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Stir a small amount into egg yolks. Return all to the pan; bring to a gentle boil; stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 6. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Pour into a bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Chill for 2-3 hours (mixture will be thick).
- 7. Spread 1 tablespoon filling on bottoms of the solid cookies; place cookies with cutout centers over filling, pressing down lightly. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 353 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein .
Reviews for Lemon Curd Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.