Lemon Curd Cookies Recipe
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ground pecans, toasted
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 4 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 6 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Confectioners' sugar
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg and extracts. Combine the flour, baking soda and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in pecans.
- 2. Divide dough in half; shape into logs. Wrap each in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 3. On a floured surface, roll each portion to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut with a floured 3-in. fluted round cookie cutter. With a floured 1/2-in. round cookie cutter, cut out the centers of half of the cookies. (Reroll small cutouts if desired.)
- 4. Place solid and cutout cookies 1 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- 5. In a small saucepan, combine the sugar, cornstarch and salt. Stir in lemon juice until smooth. Cook and stir until slightly thickened and bubbly, about 2 minutes. Stir a small amount into egg yolks. Return all to the pan; bring to a gentle boil; stirring constantly. Cook and stir 2 minutes longer until mixture reaches 160° and coats the back of a metal spoon.
- 6. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Pour into a bowl; cover surface with plastic wrap. Chill for 2-3 hours (mixture will be thick).
- 7. Spread 1 tablespoon filling on bottoms of the solid cookies; place cookies with cutout centers over filling, pressing down lightly. Sprinkle with confectioners' sugar. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 each: 353 calories, 20g fat (10g saturated fat), 97mg cholesterol, 264mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Curd Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.