Lemon Curd Coffee Cake Recipe
I tried this recipe for my son's birthday years ago and fell in love with the tart lemon filling. The powdered sugar glaze and coconut in the topping make it a pretty addition to a brunch or afternoon get-together. -Anne Wickman, Endicott, New York
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cold butter
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 2/3 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the flour and sugar. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in coconut; set aside.
- 2. For batter, in a large bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Combine the yogurt, lemon juice, peel, egg and egg yolk; stir into crumb mixture just until moistened (batter will be stiff).
- 3. Spread 2 cups batter in a greased 9-in. springform pan; sprinkle with 3/4 cup of coconut mixture. Drop 1/2 teaspoonfuls of lemon curd over the top to within 1/2 in. of edge. Carefully spoon remaining batter over lemon curd; sprinkle with remaining coconut mixture.
- 4. Place pan on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 55-60 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around the edge of pan to loosen; remove sides of pan. Combine the glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm cake. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 362 calories, 18 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 347 mg sodium, 46 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Curd Coffee Cake
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC