Lemon Curd Chiffon Pie Recipe
- 9 whole graham crackers, broken into large pieces
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 5 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1-1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 jar (11 ounces) lemon curd
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1-1/2 teaspoons unflavored gelatin
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon limoncello
- BERRY SAUCE:
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 1/2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1/2 pint fresh strawberries
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon seedless raspberry jam
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon raspberry liqueur
- 1. Place the graham crackers, pecans, sugar, vanilla and salt in a food processor; cover and pulse until mixture resembles fine crumbs. Add the butter; process until blended.
- 2. Press crumb mixture onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 9-in. deep-dish pie plate. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 3. In a small bowl, combine the cream, sugar and vanilla. Beat until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, beat the lemon curd, cream cheese and lemon peel until blended; set aside.
- 4. Sprinkle gelatin over lemon juice; let stand for 1 minute. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Stir and let stand for 1 minute or until gelatin is completely dissolved. Stir in limoncello. Gradually beat into lemon curd mixture until well blended. Fold in whipped cream; pour into the crust. Refrigerate for 3 hours or until set.
- 5. In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine the berries, sugar and jam. Cook and stir for 3-5 minutes or until fruit is softened. In a blender, cover and process berry mixture for 1-2 minutes or until blended. Strain, reserving juice. Discard seeds.
- 6. Return juice to the saucepan; cook for 15-18 minutes or until reduced to desired consistency, stirring occasionally. Stir in lemon juice and raspberry liqueur. Chill for 1 hour. Garnish servings with sauce. Yield: 8 servings.
1 piece with 4-1/2 teaspoons sauce : 684 calories, 43g fat (23g saturated fat), 140mg cholesterol, 327mg sodium, 69g carbohydrate (52g sugars, 2g fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Curd Chiffon Pie
"It sounds delicious to me! I really love lemoncurd and limoncello, so this pie recipe brings out all the things i love. I hàve to make this one! It really sounds great to me! I've searched a long time for a recipe like this and finally i found it here! Thank you very, very much! :-)"