Lemon Cupcakes Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 5 to 6 teaspoons 2% milk
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and extracts. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream. Beat just until combined.
- 2. Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 325° for 15-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- 3. For frosting, in a small bowl, beat shortening until fluffy. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar , extracts and enough milk to reach spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 each: 319 calories, 14g fat (7g saturated fat), 79mg cholesterol, 124mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (31g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Cupcakes
"Having just got some lemons from our son's home, this will be great. I'm also liking that the recipe yields a dozen cupcakes. Too many times I throw away cupcakes as it's too much for just DH and myself.Thanks Bertina!!"
"The cupcakes were very very dense, and were more like a dry muffin than a moist cupcake. The flavor of the cupcake wasn't bad, but it was too heavy for my liking. The frosting was like an icing, and wasn't very flavorful."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.