I sometimes call these my Triple Lemon Whammy cupcakes because they take full advantage of vibrant citrus flavor. A healthy dollop of strawberry jam in the frosting along fresh strawberries really puts this dessert over the top! — Emma Sisk, Plymouth, Minnesota
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, decreasing water by 1 tablespoon and adding lemon curd, lemon juice and lemon peel before mixing batter. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake and cool cupcakes as package directs.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, jam and milk until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes; top with strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting in Simple & Delicious August/September 2013, p40
Reviews for Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review