Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting Recipe
I sometimes call these my Triple Lemon Whammy cupcakes because they take full advantage of vibrant citrus flavor. A healthy dollop of strawberry jam in the frosting along fresh strawberries really puts this dessert over the top! — Emma Sisk, Plymouth, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min. + cooling YIELD:24 servings
- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- 1. Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, decreasing water by 1 tablespoon and adding lemon curd, lemon juice and lemon peel before mixing batter. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake and cool cupcakes as package directs.
- 2. In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, jam and milk until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes; top with strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 cupcake equals 219 calories, 7 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 23 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC