- 1 package white cake mix (regular size)
- 1/4 cup lemon curd
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 cup seedless strawberry jam
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 cup sliced fresh strawberries
- Line 24 muffin cups with paper liners. Prepare cake mix batter according to package directions, decreasing water by 1 tablespoon and adding lemon curd, lemon juice and lemon peel before mixing batter. Fill prepared cups two-thirds full. Bake and cool cupcakes as package directs.
- In a large bowl, beat butter, confectioners' sugar, jam and milk until smooth. Frost cooled cupcakes; top with strawberries. Refrigerate leftovers. Yield: 2 dozen.
Reviews for Lemon Cupcakes with Strawberry Frosting
Sort By :
"My grandkids loved these, as did my lemon-loving neighbor. I did, however, add an extra tablespoon of lemon zest. Will make these again for my grandkids' school parties. Might give this a try with blueberries. YUM!grandkids loved them, as did my lemon-loving neighbor."
"I substituted seedless raspberry jam and put a raspberry on top. They were the hit of the tea party where I served them."
"These are so cute and I love anything that I can use a cake mix with. Also happened to have 1/2 a jar of lemon curd that was dying to get used. What a great recipe and a great Bake Sale item."
"Made these for a bake sale and put them in plastic cups in a baggie tied with pretty ribbon (as shown in TOH magazine). Decorated the tops with a strawberry "fan" and tinted the frosting with a pink cake decorator color as the jelly/jam did not yield the desired color. I also would have added a lemon flavoring to the cupcake as they weren't as "lemony" as I thought they would be. In colored cupcake liners with strawberry fans, and colored ribbon, they did make for an attractive sell."