- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 to 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/4 cup shortening
- 1-1/2 to 1-3/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/8 teaspoon lemon extract
- 5 to 6 teaspoons 2% milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and extracts. Combine flour and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with cream. Beat just until combined.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 325° for 15-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack to cool completely.
- For frosting, in a small bowl, beat shortening until fluffy. Gradually beat in the confectioners' sugar , extracts and enough milk to reach spreading consistency. Frost cupcakes. Yield: 1 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cupcakes
Sort By :
"Having just got some lemons from our son's home, this will be great. I'm also liking that the recipe yields a dozen cupcakes. Too many times I throw away cupcakes as it's too much for just DH and myself.Thanks Bertina!!"
"The cupcakes were very very dense, and were more like a dry muffin than a moist cupcake. The flavor of the cupcake wasn't bad, but it was too heavy for my liking. The frosting was like an icing, and wasn't very flavorful."