Lemon Crumb-Topped Broccoli Recipe
Dress up broccoli with a lemony bread-crumb topping, and you might be surprised with the luscious result ... not to mention the positive reaction from guests.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 20 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 slice multigrain bread, toasted and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1. In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Stir in bread crumbs and lemon peel; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in parsley; set aside.
- 2. Place broccoli and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Drizzle with lemon juice; toss to coat. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
2/3 cup equals 45 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 47 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 vegetable.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC