Lemon Crumb-Topped Broccoli Recipe
Dress up broccoli with a lemony bread-crumb topping, and you might be surprised with the luscious result ... not to mention the positive reaction from guests.
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 slice multigrain bread, toasted and crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a small skillet, saute garlic in oil for 30 seconds. Stir in bread crumbs and lemon peel; cook 1 minute longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in parsley; set aside.
- Place broccoli and water in a microwave-safe bowl. Cover and microwave on high for 2-3 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Drizzle with lemon juice; toss to coat. Sprinkle with crumb mixture. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Crumb-Topped Broccoli in Country Extra November 2009, p49
Reviews for Lemon Crumb-Topped Broccoli(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review