Lemon Crumb Muffins Recipe
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon peel and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 40 muffins.
Reviews for Lemon Crumb Muffins
Sort By :
Made these for a church gathering. Everyone loved how moist and lemony they were. Followed recipe as shown, no tweaking. Just make sure not to over-cook or may become too dry.
Excellent recipe. I, too, halved the recipe and got nine jumbo-sized muffins which were enjoyed at a breakfast I catered. I used plain yogurt since I was out of sour cream--excellent results.
Absolutely delicious. The lemon flavor is just perfect and they were very moist. Cut the recipe in half for a smaller party and they came out great. Plan to make a full batch soon for a larger gathering.
These muffins are FANTASTIC! So flavorful and moist. Not too dense either. Plus they have a very appealing appearance. Will definitely make them again.
Very good! Made these as is but cut recipe in half. Next time I might try adding a teaspoon of lemon extract to the batter. Maybe even some poppyseed??? Still, really good as is.