Lemon Crumb Muffins Recipe
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon peel and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 40 muffins.
Reviews for Lemon Crumb Muffins(19)
Sort By :
Delicious, family & friends enjoyed them with afternoon tea.
These are awesome. I halved the recipe, they are fantastic!
These muffins are awesome, and enough to give as gifts and to freeze... Thank You...
Made these for an Easter/Spring bake sale. Wonderful flavor. Well worth the steps involving making them from scratch, making topping AND glaze. I even added a teaspoon of lemon extract to the muffin batter. A big hit!
With a few of my own tweaks/touches, these muffins came out amazing! I made 12 regular size, 24 minis & 2 loaves which I added blueberries to before baking. Delicious!!!