Lemon Crumb Muffins Recipe
- 6 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon peel and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 40 muffins.
Reviews for Lemon Crumb Muffins(20)
Sort By :
These are delicious! I did adjust a little. I did add 3/4 teaspoon real lemon extract to the batter after reading other reviews saying it wasn't lemony enough. Glad I did because I wishing had added a whole teaspoon. I also doubled the crumb topping as it didn't seem like much. I also added an additional 2 Tablespoons of cold butter to second oven batch of topping, because it was to thin and floury. Still should of added more butter. It wasn't the normal consistency of what crumb topping should be. I'm surprised no one mentioned it in other reviews. As the recipe is, the crumb topping just falls off when removing from pan.
As for glaze.... I mixed regular sugar and lemon juice. I wasn't a fan, so I added approx 2cups of powdered sugar, 1/4 teaspoon vanilla,1/4 teaspoon lemon extract,2 Tablespoons butter and pinch of salt. Stirred well and heated about 20 seconds in microwave before drizzling on muffins.
I got 63 muffins probably because I didn't put as much in each paper. Will be putting most in freezer. Good luck to you all. Hope this helps :)
Delicious, family & friends enjoyed them with afternoon tea.
These are awesome. I halved the recipe, they are fantastic!
These muffins are awesome, and enough to give as gifts and to freeze... Thank You...
Made these for an Easter/Spring bake sale. Wonderful flavor. Well worth the steps involving making them from scratch, making topping AND glaze. I even added a teaspoon of lemon extract to the muffin batter. A big hit!