- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon peel and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 40 muffins.
Reviews for Lemon Crumb Muffins
"i just really wanted to let everybody know that I followed this recipe down to the last teaspoon. And let me just say, waaayy too many eggs! my whole kitchen smelled like eggs and the muffins were not good at all. I would say reduce eggs down to 6 or maybe 5. I was hoping for a yummy moist lemon muffin but instead I got an eggy, smelly gooey mess. very dissapointed."
"I liked the topping, very delicious."
"The recipe was great but instead of sour cream I used lemon curd....I didn't make the topping but I will do next time...."
"I also scaled down the recipe to make 10 muffins. Next time I may add a little lemon extract to the batter and some grated lemon zest to the glaze to make them a bit more lemony. All in all, these are very good muffins."
"Very good recipe."