Lemon Crumb Muffins Recipe
I love to have the dough for these muffins ready and waiting in the refrigerator when company comes. They bake up in just 20 minutes and taste delicious warm. Their cake-like texture makes them perfect for breakfast, dessert or snacking. —Claudette Brownlee, Kingfisher, Oklahoma
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min./batch YIELD:40 servings
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 cups sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 8 eggs
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 2 cups butter, melted
- 3 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. In another bowl, combine the eggs, sour cream, butter, lemon peel and juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle over batter.
- 3. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. In a small bowl, whisk glaze ingredients; drizzle over warm muffins. Serve warm. Yield: 40 muffins.
1 muffin equals 308 calories, 13 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 159 mg sodium, 43 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC