Lemon Crisscross Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a bowl, cream the shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the egg, lemon peel and extracts; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Shape dough in to 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork, forming a crisscross pattern. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
1 serving (2 each) equals 199 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 110 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 2 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Crisscross Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.