Lemon Crisscross Cookies Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter-flavored shortening
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a bowl, cream the shortening, 1/2 cup sugar and brown sugar. Beat in the egg, lemon peel and extracts; mix well. Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Refrigerate dough for 1-2 hours or until firm.
- 2. Shape dough in to 1-in. balls; roll in remaining sugar. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Flatten with a fork, forming a crisscross pattern. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool. Yield: about 2 dozen.
2 each: 199 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 18mg cholesterol, 110mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (17g sugars, trace fiber), 2g protein
Reviews for Lemon Crisscross Cookies
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.