Lemon Crisp Cookies
These quick-to-fix treats are a snap to make using a boxed cake mix. The sunny yellow color, big lemon flavor and delightful crunch are sure to bring smiles. —Julia Livingston, Frostproof, Florida
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package lemon cake mix (regular size)
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- Preheat oven to 350°. In a large bowl, combine all the
- ingredients (dough will be crumbly). Shape into 1-in. balls. Place 2
- in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake 10-12 minutes or until set. Cool 1 minute; remove from pan to a
- wire rack to cool completely. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 2 cookies equals 128 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 19 mg cholesterol, 189 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.