Lemon Cream Torte Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- 1. Combine butter and flour; pat into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. In a large bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until smooth. Add half of the whipped topping, beating on low. Spread over crust. In another bowl, beat pudding mixes and milk for 2 minutes on low speed. Let set 10 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer; let set 10-15 minutes. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Top with pecans if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece: 249 calories, 14g fat (10g saturated fat), 36mg cholesterol, 191mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (15g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein .
Reviews for Lemon Cream Torte
"I did add chopped pecans to the crust..."
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.