Lemon Cream Torte
Although my husband has retired from farming, I haven't retired from the kitchen! I still enjoy cooking and preparing our children's old favorites as well as trying new recipes. The creamy texture and lemony flavor of this dessert give the taste buds a treat!
16 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 20 min. + chilling
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 carton (8 ounces) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant lemon pudding mix
- 2-1/2 cups cold milk
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional
- Combine butter and flour; pat into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake
- at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool. In a
- large bowl, blend cream cheese and sugar on medium speed until
- smooth. Add half of the whipped topping, beating on low. Spread over
- crust. In another bowl, beat pudding mixes and milk for 2 minutes on
- low speed. Let set 10 minutes. Spread over cream cheese layer; let
- set 10-15 minutes. Cover with remaining whipped topping. Top with
- pecans if desired. Refrigerate overnight. Yield: 16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 249 calories, 14 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 191 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white