Lemon Cream-Stuffed Grapes
”This is a refreshing snack on a hot summer day,” notes field editor Janis Plourde from Smooth Rock Falls, Ontario. ”It’s simple, plus it offers a light change from heartier party foods.”
12 ServingsPrep: 35 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 pound seedless globe grapes, rinsed and patted dry
- In a small bowl, beat cream cheese, confectioners' sugar, lemon juice
- and peel until blended. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Cut a deep "X" in the top of each grape to within 1/4 in. of bottom.
- Carefully spread each grape apart. Transfer cream cheese mixture to
- a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag; cut a small hole in a corner of
- bag. Pipe filling into grapes. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 3
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3 pieces) equals 67 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 29 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.