A light lemon filling sandwiched between flaky butter cookies makes these a perfect accompaniment to hot tea or coffee.
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch; beat into creamed mixture. Divide into two balls; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 2-in. rounds. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Spread over the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon-Cream Sandwich Cookies in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p94
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Cream Sandwich Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review