- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- LEMON FILLING:
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in extract. Combine flour and cornstarch; beat into creamed mixture. Divide into two balls; wrap in plastic wrap and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion of dough to 1/8-in. thickness. Cut into 2-in. rounds. Place on ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- For filling, in a small bowl, cream butter and confectioners' sugar. Beat in lemon juice and peel. Spread over the bottoms of half of the cookies; top with remaining cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon-Cream Sandwich Cookies
Sort By :
"Although the cookies did taste good, the dough was an absolute nightmare to work with. It was so crumbly, due to the lack of eggs or milk or water or anything to provide some moisture. I'm at a loss to know how anyone could roll out this dough. The cookies did taste good but they weren't worth the effort."
"This is the most amazing cookie I've ever tasted. It taste like a slice of lemon pie. Everytime I've made these people rave."