Lemon Cream Pie Recipe
With its creamy lemon filling and cinnamon-enhanced graham cracker crust, this lovely pie is always popular. "I like to garnish the whipped topping with pretty lemon peel curls," notes Maria Dygert of Auburn, New York.
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-fat cinnamon graham crackers crumbs (about 7 whole crackers)
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon plus 3/4 cup sugar, divided
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups reduced-fat whipped topping
- In a small bowl, combine the cracker crumbs, butter and 1 tablespoon sugar. Press onto the bottom and up the sides of a 9-in. pie plate coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- In a heavy saucepan, combine the cornstarch, salt and remaining sugar. Gradually stir in water and buttermilk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg substitute. Return all to pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes longer. Remove from the heat. Stir in lemon juice and peel. Pour into crust.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Just before serving, spread whipped topping over filling. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Cream Pie in Light & Tasty February/March 2005, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Pie(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Healthy Cooking Desserts >
- Healthy Desserts >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Homemade Pie Crust >
- Low Fat Dessert Recipes >