Lemon Cream Dessert Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/3 cup plus 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1-1/2 cups cold water
- 3 egg yolks, lightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons butter, cubed
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 packages (3.4 ounces each) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 carton (16 ounces) frozen whipped topping thawed
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch; gradually stir in water until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small amount of hot filling into egg yolks; return all to the pan, stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from the heat; stir in butter and lemon peel. Gently stir in lemon juice. Refrigerate until cool.
- 2. In a bowl, combine flour and nuts. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press onto the bottom of a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until edges are golden brown. Cool on a wire rack.
- 3. In a bowl, beat cream cheese and confectioners' sugar until smooth; carefully spread over crust. Spread with cooled lemon mixture. In another bowl, beat milk and pudding mixes on low for 2 minutes; beat in vanilla. Fold in half of the whipped topping. Spread over lemon layer. Spread with remaining whipped topping. Chill for at least 4 hours before cutting. Yield: 18-24 servings.
1 serving (1 piece) equals 295 calories, 16 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 54 mg cholesterol, 149 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 4 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.