- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, cream butter and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and milk; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Cupcakes
Sort By :
My husband really enjoyed these 'moist and lemony' muffins. I sprinkled them with yellow colored sugar.
I loved the texture and moistness to this cake. I actually am going to try using it as my vanilla cake recipe without the lemon and adding some vanilla beans. YUMMY!
These are good cupcakes, not too sweet and the lemon flavor is very delicate. I had them without frosting, but with sliced strawberries mixed with sugar like a small strawberry shortcake.
cupcakes were very good but the icing was too tart, I would cut back on the lemon juice just a little
I've made this recipe twice the first one true to the directions and it didn't have as much lemon flavor as I would like. Second time I added a little more lemon zest and also about 3 tablespoons of lemon curd to the recipe and it was wonderful.
Frosting is very nice as well not overly sweet with the citrus in it.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cake Recipes >
- Cakes >
- Comfort Food Desserts >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Cupcake Recipes >
- Cupcakes >
- Desserts >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Homemade Cupcakes >