- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, cream butter and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and milk; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Cupcakes
Sort By :
"This recipe is amazing! So easy to make. I'm using this to make cupcakes for my brother's wedding, I am also making chocolate cupcakes and am wondering if I can use this same recipe for the chocolate cupcakes? How would I do that? Please help... the wedding is august 8th"
"I only did the cake on this one and honestly used what I had. I didn't have fresh lemon so I used 1 1/4 tsp of lemon extract and the lemon taste was just right. I also used 1 cup of sour cream and 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream as that was all I had. And I use 3 tbs to 1 egg of olive oil mayonnaise instead of eggs. They tasted just like those lemon girl scout cookies. I put a butter cream icing on top. I will use this recipe with other flavors in the future!"
"These were not my kind of dessert but came out quite yummy - I thought they had a lot of lemon taste in them and will use this recipe again"
"My husband really enjoyed these 'moist and lemony' muffins. I sprinkled them with yellow colored sugar."
"I loved the texture and moistness to this cake. I actually am going to try using it as my vanilla cake recipe without the lemon and adding some vanilla beans. YUMMY!"