- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 3-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2-1/4 cups confectioners' sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3/4 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in lemon peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream, beating well after each addition (batter will be thick).
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups with 1/4 cup of batter. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- For frosting, cream butter and confectioners' sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Add the lemon juice, vanilla, lemon peel and milk; beat until smooth. Frost cupcakes. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Cupcakes
Sort By :
"These were not my kind of dessert but came out quite yummy - I thought they had a lot of lemon taste in them and will use this recipe again"
"My husband really enjoyed these 'moist and lemony' muffins. I sprinkled them with yellow colored sugar."
"I loved the texture and moistness to this cake. I actually am going to try using it as my vanilla cake recipe without the lemon and adding some vanilla beans. YUMMY!"
"These are good cupcakes, not too sweet and the lemon flavor is very delicate. I had them without frosting, but with sliced strawberries mixed with sugar like a small strawberry shortcake."
"cupcakes were very good but the icing was too tart, I would cut back on the lemon juice just a little"