Mary Anne suggests her recipe for Lemon Cream Chicken. "If you want an entree that's quick, easy and elegant, you can't beat this one. The lemon cream sauce is what makes it irresistible. It goes so nicely with the chicken and mushrooms."
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper; add the chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter for 8-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; cover and keep warm.
- Add broth to the drippings. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until broth is reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in 3/4 cup cream, lemon juice and mushrooms. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Cream Chicken in Taste of Home February/March 2001, p44
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review