Lemon Cream Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper; add the chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter for 8-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; cover and keep warm.
- Add broth to the drippings. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until broth is reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in 3/4 cup cream, lemon juice and mushrooms. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Chicken(14)
Sort By :
Absolutely delicious! Any time a recipe calls for fresh mushrooms, I always saute them with diced white onion, a splash of wine (red or white) and organic beef stock. I went ahead and started the mushrooms in a separate pan beforehand, then got going with the rest of the dish. It takes longer to saute the mushrooms but is so worth it for the true, full flavor they can add. I doubled the sauce recipe because I know my family and they're crazy for sauces. Other than those two changes, I made the recipe as it was. So, so delicious. I actually caught my daughter licking the extra sauce up from her plate! ;-)
It was very rich, but still delicious. We had my sister and her family over for dinner and when the sauce was all gone she actually went to the kitchen and licked the pan clean. Wonderful recipe, thank you!
Super easy to make, and tastes so good! Definitely a repeat recipe!
Made this tonight and me and my family loved it. Had plenty of sauce, but I see why other reviews mentioned making double the sauce - it was yummy!
Didn't change a thing. So yummy!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Boneless Chicken Recipes >
- Chicken Breast Recipes >
- Chicken Dinner Recipes >
- Chicken Main Dishes >
- Chicken Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Lemon Chicken >