- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- In a shallow bowl, mix 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper. Dip chicken breasts in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Cook chicken in batches until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-7 minutes per side. Remove chicken, reserving drippings in pan.
- Add broth to skillet; bring to a boil. Simmer, uncovered, until liquid is reduced to 1/3 cup, about 10 minutes. Stir in 3/4 cup cream, lemon juice and mushrooms; cook over medium-low heat 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining flour and cream until smooth; stir into sauce. Bring to a boil; cook and stir until thickened, 1-2 minutes. Add chicken; heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Chicken
"What an outstanding recipe! I've been making this delicious chicken since the recipe was first published in Taste of Home, and it remains a family favorite!"
"Great receipe! My family absolutely loved it. I substituted limes instead of lemons and it still came out perfect! I also seasoned the flour for coating the chicken, with thyme. My husband, teenager and my 8 year old gobbled it down. Kept hearing mmmmm over and over again. Thank you for sharing receipe."
"Nothing wrong with this recipe, but too bland for us. My husband remarked that it was "ok, but don't bother making this again". We will stick with piccata when we want the chicken and lemon flavor combination."
"Great recipe. Followed as written except to serve over basil flavored linguine. It made enough sauce for us. My 4 and 6 year olds went back for seconds."
"This was delicious. On his first bite my husband said, "oh this is good" then told me 3 more times this was really good. Will definitely make this again."
"Absolutely delicious! Any time a recipe calls for fresh mushrooms, I always saute them with diced white onion, a splash of wine (red or white) and organic beef stock. I went ahead and started the mushrooms in a separate pan beforehand, then got going with the rest of the dish. It takes longer to saute the mushrooms but is so worth it for the true, full flavor they can add. I doubled the sauce recipe because I know my family and they're crazy for sauces. Other than those two changes, I made the recipe as it was. So, so delicious. I actually caught my daughter licking the extra sauce up from her plate! ;-)"
"It was very rich, but still delicious. We had my sister and her family over for dinner and when the sauce was all gone she actually went to the kitchen and licked the pan clean. Wonderful recipe, thank you!"
"Super easy to make, and tastes so good! Definitely a repeat recipe!"
"Made this tonight and me and my family loved it. Had plenty of sauce, but I see why other reviews mentioned making double the sauce - it was yummy!"
"Didn't change a thing. So yummy!"