Lemon Cream Chicken Recipe
- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper; add the chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter for 8-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; cover and keep warm.
- 3. Add broth to the drippings. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until broth is reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in 3/4 cup cream, lemon juice and mushrooms. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- 4. Combine remaining flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 403 calories, 26 g fat (15 g saturated fat), 148 mg cholesterol, 509 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Chicken
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.