- 1/2 cup plus 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, divided
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper; add the chicken, a few pieces at a time. Seal bag and shake to coat.
- In a large skillet, cook chicken in butter for 8-9 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Remove chicken; cover and keep warm.
- Add broth to the drippings. Bring to a boil over medium heat; stir to loosen browned bits from pan. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes or until broth is reduced to 1/3 cup. Stir in 3/4 cup cream, lemon juice and mushrooms. Cook over medium-low heat for 5 minutes.
- Combine remaining flour and cream until smooth; stir into skillet. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Return chicken to skillet and heat through. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Chicken
"What an outstanding recipe! I've been making this delicious chicken since the recipe was first published in Taste of Home, and it remains a family favorite!"
"Great receipe! My family absolutely loved it. I substituted limes instead of lemons and it still came out perfect! I also seasoned the flour for coating the chicken, with thyme. My husband, teenager and my 8 year old gobbled it down. Kept hearing mmmmm over and over again. Thank you for sharing receipe."
"Nothing wrong with this recipe, but too bland for us. My husband remarked that it was "ok, but don't bother making this again". We will stick with piccata when we want the chicken and lemon flavor combination."
"Great recipe. Followed as written except to serve over basil flavored linguine. It made enough sauce for us. My 4 and 6 year olds went back for seconds."
"This was delicious. On his first bite my husband said, "oh this is good" then told me 3 more times this was really good. Will definitely make this again."