Lemon Cream Cheese Spritz Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, beat shortening and cream cheese until blended. Add sugar; beat until creamy. Beat in egg yolk, lemon extract and peel. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired. Yield: About 9 dozen.
2 cookies equals 75 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.