Lemon Cream Cheese Spritz Recipe
- 1 cup shortening
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large bowl, beat shortening and cream cheese until blended. Add sugar; beat until creamy. Beat in egg yolk, lemon extract and peel. Combine the flour and salt; gradually add to the creamed mixture.
- 2. Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 1 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350° for 9-12 minutes or until set (do not brown). Remove to wire racks to cool. Decorate as desired. Yield: About 9 dozen.
2 cookies equals 75 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 6 mg cholesterol, 16 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Cheese Spritz
"I had to add another oz. of cream cheese, as the dough was too thick and not smooth enough. Then it was fine, but there wasn't enough lemon flavor for me. I may or may not make this again. The baked cookie was a tad on the dry side for me as well. I might add more lemon flavoring next time if I make it again."
"A friend made these for our office during Christmas; we couldn't stop eating them! Absolutely delicious!"
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.