- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/4 cup limoncello, optional
- Fresh raspberries and lemon peel strips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, oil and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cheese, cream and lemon curd until smooth. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Drizzle with half the limoncello if desired; spread with half the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with raspberries and lemon peel. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Cake
Sort By :
"I have also made this cake three times and my family is starting to ask for it because it is so good! Love the limoncello bite!! I gave my husband the choice of French silk pie or this cake for Easter and he chose the cake!"
"I am making this cake today for the third time. It is so simple and delicious. Something about a cake with frosting between the layers and on top without sides done just looks fancier. I sometimes use blackberries instead of raspberries, but this cake is called Mom's Dream Cake at our house. Definitely a keeper!"