- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) Mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/4 cup limoncello, optional
- Fresh raspberries and lemon peel strips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, oil and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cheese, cream and lemon curd until smooth. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Drizzle with half the limoncello if desired; spread with half the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with raspberries and lemon peel. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Cake
Sort By :
I have also made this cake three times and my family is starting to ask for it because it is so good! Love the limoncello bite!! I gave my husband the choice of French silk pie or this cake for Easter and he chose the cake!
I am making this cake today for the third time. It is so simple and delicious. Something about a cake with frosting between the layers and on top without sides done just looks fancier. I sometimes use blackberries instead of raspberries, but this cake is called Mom's Dream Cake at our house. Definitely a keeper!