Drizzling limoncello liqueur over the layers before frosting adds a puckery punch to this refreshing confection. —Amy Frederick, Island City, Oregon
- 1 package yellow cake mix (regular size)
- 1-1/4 cups water
- 3 large eggs
- 1/3 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 carton (8 ounces) mascarpone cheese
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup lemon curd
- 1/4 cup limoncello, optional
- Fresh raspberries and lemon peel strips
- In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, water, eggs, oil and extract; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Pour into two greased and floured 9-in. round baking pans.
- Bake at 350° for 22-26 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cheese, cream and lemon curd until smooth. Place one cake layer on a serving plate. Drizzle with half the limoncello if desired; spread with half the cheese mixture. Repeat layers. Garnish with raspberries and lemon peel. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Cream Cake in Simple & Delicious October/November 2011, p45
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Cake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review