Lemon Cream Bonbons Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 4 ounces white candy coating, melted
- 1. In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon peel, juice and extract. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- 2. Using a small ice cream scoop, drop mixture by 1-in. balls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and freeze for 1 hour.
- 3. Working with a few frozen balls at a time, dip into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Let stand until set.
- 4. Spoon melted candy coating into a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of bag; drizzle coating over candies. Store in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator just before serving. Yield: about 4 dozen.
1 bonbon equals 105 calories, 7 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 28 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.