Lemon Cream Bonbons Recipe
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 pound dark chocolate candy coating, melted
- 4 ounces white candy coating, melted
- In a large bowl, beat the cream cheese, lemon juice, peel and extract. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar. Cover and freeze for 2 hours.
- Using a small ice cream scoop, drop mixture by 1-in. balls onto waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Cover and freeze for 1 hour.
- Working with a few frozen balls at a time, dip into melted chocolate; allow excess to drip off. Place on waxed paper-lined baking sheets. Let stand until set.
- Spoon melted candy coating into a heavy-duty resealable plastic bag. Cut a small hole in the corner of bag; drizzle coating over candies. Store in the refrigerator. Remove from the refrigerator just before serving. Yield: about 4 dozen.
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cream Bonbons(6)
Sort By :
I love it
I had a nightmare of a time getting these to freeze and then dipping them in the chocolate, so I improvised! I used a ziplock bag, squeezed some melted chocolate in a small lined muffin tin and then froze it. I then took the lemon portion and squeezed it on top of the chocolate. Drizzled melted chocolate swirls on top and served on a tray. They were gobbled up and delicious!
These are so yummy. A little time consuming but so worth it.
I am a lemon lover so this recipe attracted me. The filling is very tasty However, it was nightmare to put together. The filing was very difficult to shape into balls and it started to thaw before you could get all the balls made. Too much time to put together.
It took 6 hours for these to freeze before they could be scooped, the mixture was now still at all after 4 hours.
More Recipe Collections
- Candy Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Chocolate Candy Recipes >
- Chocolate Recipes >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Candy >
- Christmas Desserts >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gift Recipes >
- Holiday Candy >
- Low Carb Desserts >
- Low Carb Recipes >