Lemon Cranberry Sauce Recipe
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec or orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, Triple Sec and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about 15 minutes.
- 2. Remove from the heat; stir in lemon peel. Transfer to a small bowl. Chill until serving. Yield: 2 cups.
2 tablespoons equals 72 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.
Reviews for Lemon Cranberry Sauce
"This was quick, easy and delicious. I made it with our Thanksgiving dinner. My niece liked it so much that she ate some of the leftovers with a spoon and the rest over vanilla ice cream with hot fudge sauce."