Lemon Cranberry Sauce
Tangy and refreshing, this quick-fix stovetop sauce will please both guests and the cook! —Robyn Badtke, Green Lake, Wisconsin
16 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 package (12 ounces) fresh or frozen cranberries, thawed
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup Triple Sec or orange juice
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, sugar, water, Triple
- Sec and lemon juice. Cook over medium heat until berries pop, about
- 15 minutes.
- Remove from the heat; stir in lemon peel. Transfer to a small bowl.
- Chill until serving. Yield: 2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: 2 tablespoons equals 72 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 1 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, trace protein.