Lemon Cranberry Muffins
These mouthwatering muffins can be baked in less than half and hour. So I often rely on this recipe when time is tight.—Noelle Miles Griggs, Columbia, Illinois
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 20 min.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Lemon Extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat
- the eggs, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just
- until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full; sprinkle with almonds.
- Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out
- clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Yield: 1 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 268 calories, 12 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 219 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.