These mouthwatering muffins can be baked in less than half and hour. So I often rely on this recipe when time is tight.—Noelle Miles Griggs, Columbia, Illinois
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Cranberry Muffins in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2002, p41
Reviews for Lemon Cranberry Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review