- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- 1 cup fresh or frozen cranberries, halved
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large bowl, combine the dry ingredients. In another bowl, beat the eggs, milk, oil and extract. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Fold in cranberries.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full; sprinkle with almonds. Bake at 400° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Lemon Cranberry Muffins
Sort By :
"Prior reviews were right on - needs more lemon (the flavor is not very pronounced.) These have a good, light texture without being cake-like. Recipe makes a full muffin, so if using a shallow tin, you will easily get more than a dozen. And yes, a little drizzled powder sugar glaze would compliment these quite well to offset the tartness of cranberries. Really a nice recipe."
"Good as is, but I'm a big lemon fan, so if you want more zing, add more lemon extract or zest.~ Theresa"
"I just made these muffins for my co-workers & they raved about them. I just bought a new stove so I took them out at 12 ms. I made them again & they burnt on the bottom. Will bake them again but at 350 degrees. I think 400 is too high!!!"
"Great, very light, extra tasty with two of my favorites: lemon and cranberry. Next time, I think I'll sprinkle the tops with sugar prior to baking for a little extra sweetness to offset the tartness of the cranberries. The recipe made 16 big muffins for me."
"DELICIOUS!!! I added a bit more of the lemon extract and some lemon zest, just to make it extra lemony."