Lemon-Cranberry Mini Loaves Recipe
I concocted this colorful bread for a Christmas tea buffet. The lemony loaves received so many compliments that I now often give this bread, as well as the recipe and a tea mix, to my friends as Christmas gifts.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated lemon peel
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 2 cups dried cranberries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a large bowl, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Beat in the lemon juice and peel. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; add to the creamed mixture alternately with milk. Fold in cranberries and walnuts. Pour into four greased 5-3/4-in. x 3-in. x 2-in. loaf pans.
- 2. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. For glaze, whisk sugar and lemon juice until sugar is dissolved. Immediately spoon over bread. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely. Yield: 4 loaves (6 slices each).
1 serving (1 piece) equals 288 calories, 11 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 61 mg cholesterol, 357 mg sodium, 44 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC