I combined two recipes to create this side with broccoli and pasta. The splash of lemon adds nice flavor. Instead of toasted almonds, you could also sprinkle servings with grated Parmesan cheese. —Beth Dauenhauer, Pueblo, CO
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into small pieces
- 1 cup uncooked whole wheat couscous
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add broccoli; cook and stir until crisp-tender.
- Add couscous and garlic; cook and stir 1-2 minutes longer. Stir in broth, lemon peel, lemon juice and seasonings; bring to a boil. Remove from heat; let stand, covered, 5-10 minutes or until broth is absorbed. Fluff with a fork. Sprinkle with almonds. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Lemon Couscous with Broccoli in Healthy Cooking February/March 2011, p51
Reviews for Lemon Couscous with Broccoli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review