Anything lemon makes my day brighter and these soft cookies have a fabulous lemon aroma and a subtle lemon flavor. —Theresa Miller, Sault S Marie, Michigan
Recommended: 32 Light Desserts That'll Hit the Spot
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 3-1/3 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 package (10 to 12 ounces) white baking chips
- In a large bowl, cream the butter, cream cheese and sugars until light and fluffy. Beat in the egg, lemon juice, peel and poppy seeds. Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking soda, ginger and salt; gradually add to creamed mixture and mix well. Stir in chips.
- Drop by heaping tablespoonfuls 2 in. apart onto parchment paper-lined baking sheets; flatten slightly with a glass. Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 3 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Cornmeal Cookies in Taste of Home A+ Recipes from Schools Across America 2013, p242
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cornmeal Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review