Baking soda helps brown these crisp, lemony shortbread-like goodies that were created by our Test Kitchen staff.
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 egg white
- 1/4 cup thawed lemonade concentrate
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 tablespoon yellow decorating sugar
- In a large bowl, beat the butter, oil and sugar. Beat in the egg, egg white, lemonade concentrate and lemon peel. Combine the flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda; gradually add to egg mixture.
- Using a cookie press fitted with the disk of your choice, press dough 2 in. apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Sprinkle with yellow sugar. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool on wire racks. Yield: 3-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Cooler Cookies in Light & Tasty August/September 2003, p58
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Cooler Cookies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review