Lemon Coffee Cake
"This quick coffee cake was one of the first recipes I tried after I got married more than 30 years ago," recalls Darlene Markel of Salem, Oregon. "Since then, I have received many compliments and requests for the recipe. The lemon filling makes it a refreshing treat any time of day."
12-16 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 30 min.
- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, oil and eggs until well blended.
- Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg
- mixture until blended.
- Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread pie
- filling over batter. Top with remaining batter. Combine the cinnamon
- and remaining sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 piece) equals 324 calories, 13 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 138 mg sodium, 47 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.