- 1-1/4 cups sugar, divided
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (15-3/4 ounces) lemon pie filling
- 1-1/2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- In a large bowl, beat 1 cup sugar, oil and eggs until well blended. Combine the flour, baking powder and salt; gradually beat into egg mixture until blended.
- Pour half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Spread pie filling over batter. Top with remaining batter. Combine the cinnamon and remaining sugar; sprinkle over the top.
- Bake at 350° for 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool on a wire rack. Yield: 12-16 servings.
Reviews for Lemon Coffee Cake
Sort By :
"I love this recipe. Made it for ladies golf day and everyone loved it.....they took all leftovers home...am making it again today for guests .... you can't go wrong with this one."
"I made this with gluten free flour. As usual that requires more liquid, about 1/3 cup milk, I also used jumbo eggs. Other than that I made it per the recipe. I added a fresh lemon glaze the first two times I served it. It is actually better as the days go by, moister. It was a dense cake that held its shape when cut. I will make it again and am wondering what other pie fillings could be used? Only the cream kind or fruit kind too?"
"This was a big hit with my family. The filling layer adds a nice touch to a basic coffee cake recipe."
"I surprised myself by trying this recipe, since I am not a fan of lemon or dry coffee cakes. This is sooo moist and lemony it is just awesome. I love it!!!"
"I have made this so many times; it is so easy to prepare, and is so delicious! Sometimes I drizzle a little powdered sugar glaze. I made this last night, and gave some to my neighbors. She wants to pay me to make one for her family! Store-bought pastries can't touch this recipe."