The tangy lemon flavor of this no-fuss bar dessert is especially delicious on a warm day. It reminds me of selling lemonade on the sidewalk as a little girl. —Donna Biddle, Elmira, New York
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
Originally published as Lemon Coconut Squares in Quick Cooking May/June 1998, p51
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Coconut Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review