- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Coconut Squares
Sort By :
"These were pretty simple to make and turned out delicious! I like them a little more lemony so I added lemon zest to the filling. Also, I waited until about 5 minutes from being done to add the coconut on the top and moved the rack from the center of oven up one so the coconut could get just a little toasted. After they cooled, I sprinkled powdered sugar on top. My husband liked them warm but I think they are even better cold the next day.I think I am going to try these with lime also!"
"These are great! My kids don't like coconut so I left it out and sprinkled powder sugar on top after it cools slightly."
"Great lemon bar! Family loved them! I increased flour in crust as suggested in previous reviews and it turned out great! Can't eat just one. :)"
"Delicious! I made a few changes based on a similar recipe and comments about the thin crust. I used 2 c flour, 1 c confectioner sugar and 2 sticks (1 c) butter for the crust to make a thicker crust. I added the zest of 1 lemon to the filling. 1 lemon did not yield 1/2 c of juice so I added orange juice to make 1/2 c. I would cook filling til lightly brown to ensure filling is done. Cool in fridge about 2 hours to ensure cleanly cut squares. I got lots of compliments and requests for the recipe. The thicker crust is really good."
"These were good but I agree with others that it doesn't look like the photo. The photo actually looks like powdered sugar has been sprinkled on top, which isn't part of the recipe. My bars didn't come out as thick as the photo. I may try these bars again but I will use a 9x9 pan and scale back the crust quantity to accommodate the smaller pan. I actually used lime juice instead of lemon, it worked pretty well and definitely worked with the coconut."