- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in the butter until crumbly. Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice and baking powder until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with coconut.
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Lemon Coconut Squares
Sort By :
"I added 1 tsp of grated lemon peel to the crust and 1 tsp of grated lemon peel to the filling. These were a big hit with my husband and my coworkers. I will definitely make these again!!"
"Made using some coconut in the crust and more sprinkled on top for the last couple minutes to toast. Halved the recipe and made it in an 8x8 glass pan. Used 3 Tbsp lemon juice 1 Tbsp orange juice for the 1/4 cup lemon juice it called for. Added about 1 tsp orange zest to the batter too. Sprinkled the top with powdered sugar after taking it out of the oven at the very end. Turned out yummy, but all the layers were very thin."
"These were pretty simple to make and turned out delicious! I like them a little more lemony so I added lemon zest to the filling. Also, I waited until about 5 minutes from being done to add the coconut on the top and moved the rack from the center of oven up one so the coconut could get just a little toasted. After they cooled, I sprinkled powdered sugar on top. My husband liked them warm but I think they are even better cold the next day.I think I am going to try these with lime also!"
"These are great! My kids don't like coconut so I left it out and sprinkled powder sugar on top after it cools slightly."
"Great lemon bar! Family loved them! I increased flour in crust as suggested in previous reviews and it turned out great! Can't eat just one. :)"