Lemon Coconut Squares
"The tangy lemon flavor of this no-fuss bar dessert is especially delicious on a warm day," informs Donna Biddle from Elmira, New York. "It reminds me of selling lemonade on the sidewalk as a little girl."
48 ServingsPrep: 25 min. Bake: 20 min. + cooling
- 1-1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cubed
- 4 eggs
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup flaked coconut
- In a small bowl, combine flour and confectioners' sugar; cut in the
- butter until crumbly. Press into a lightly greased 13-in. x 9-in.
- baking pan. Bake at 350° for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in another small bowl, beat the eggs, sugar, lemon juice
- and baking powder until combined. Pour over crust; sprinkle with
- Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a
- wire rack. Cut into squares. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 82 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 25 mg cholesterol, 46 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.