- peel and vanilla. Combine the flour, baking powder, baking soda and
- salt; add to creamed mixture alternately with sour cream. Beat just
- until combined. Fold in coconut.
- Fill paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 350° for
- 18-22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire
- racks to cool completely.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, butter, grated lemon peel,
- vanilla and lemon juice until fluffy. Gradually beat in
- confectioners' sugar until smooth; stir in 1/4 cup coconut. Frost
- cupcakes; sprinkle with remaining coconut. Garnish with shredded
- lemon peel if desired. Yield: 15 cupcakes.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 327 calories, 18 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 85 mg cholesterol, 262 mg sodium, 37 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.