- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- For sauce, in a small saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Gradually stir in milk until smooth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir
- for 2 minutes until thickened. Remove from the heat. Stir a small
- amount of hot milk mixture into egg yolks; return all to pan,
- stirring constantly. Bring to a gentle boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes. Remove from the heat; stir in vanilla. Cover and
- refrigerate until chilled. Spoon lemon meringue into dessert cups;
- top with custard sauce. Yield: 5-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 220 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 116 mg cholesterol, 67 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.