Lemon Cloud Popcorn Recipe
"I love the unexpected lemony flavor of this light snack," says field editor Trudie Hagen of Roggen, Colorado.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:20 servings
- 4-1/2 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 1. Place popcorn in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Keep warm in a 225° oven.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally until mixture reaches 290° on a candy thermometer (soft-crack stage). Remove from the heat; quickly stir in extract and baking soda. Pour over warm popcorn. Sprinkle with lemon peel; stir until well coated. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 quarts.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 153 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 129 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC