"I love the unexpected lemony flavor of this light snack," says field editor Trudie Hagen of Roggen, Colorado.
- 4-1/2 quarts popped popcorn
- 2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tablespoon lemon extract
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1-1/2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- Place popcorn in two greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pans. Keep warm in a 225° oven.
- Meanwhile, in a heavy saucepan, combine sugar, corn syrup and water; bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir occasionally until mixture reaches 290° on a candy thermometer (soft-crack stage). Remove from the heat; quickly stir in extract and baking soda. Pour over warm popcorn. Sprinkle with lemon peel; stir until well coated. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 5 quarts.
Originally published as Lemon Cloud Popcorn in Taste of Home February/March 1998, p53
Reviews for Lemon Cloud Popcorn
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review