- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 1 broiler/fryer chicken (3 to 4 pounds)
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup white wine or chicken broth
- In a small bowl, combine the cilantro, 2 tablespoons oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt and lemon peel. Loosen skin around the chicken breast, leg and thigh. Rub the cilantro mixture under and over the skin. Rub any remaining mixture into the cavity. Drizzle with remaining oil. Sprinkle with paprika and pepper.
- Place in a 6- or 7-qt. slow cooker. Add wine to slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until a meat thermometer reads 180°. Remove chicken to a serving platter; cover and let stand 15 minutes before carving. Skim fat and thicken juices if desired. Serve with chicken. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Lemon Cilantro Chicken
Sort By :
Made just as stated using Pino Grigio .very good, very easy. Smells wonderful cooking all day.
Easy to make and affordable . Put it on ,set the timer ,for get about it while getting on with your day , then come home ,toss a quick salad , heat some yeast rolls ,pour a glass of wine, light a candle,and dine ! Delishous !
I tried this last night and everyone was dying for dinner after walking in the house and smelling it. The taste lived up to the smell. My kids were asking during dinner when I'd be making this dish again. It's a keeper!
Excellent! Quick easy meal with a fantastic flavor. I actually prepped the chicken 24 hours ahead to let the chicken absorb the flavors of the cilantro, lemon and garlic. The sauce was perfect, I just let it set for 10 minutes which made it easy to skim the fat and thicken with corn starch. I actaully would probably reduce the salt by half since our family normally do not use much salt.