Lemon Chip Muffins Recipe
The mellow flavor of these chocolate chip muffins is enhanced by sweet lemony topping. They're just right for a ladies' luncheon.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup buttermilk or plain yogurt
- 3/4 cup miniature semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1. In a bowl, cream butter and 1 cup sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition. Combine flour and baking soda; add to the creamed mixture alternately with buttermilk. Fold in chocolate chips and lemon peel. Fill paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 18-20 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean. Brush tops with lemon juice; sprinkle with remaining sugar. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks. Serve warm. Yield: 1-1/2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 193 calories, 8 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 38 mg cholesterol, 144 mg sodium, 29 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
Reviews for Lemon Chip Muffins
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC